If you’re confused about the new health insurance exchanges created in part by the Affordable Care Act (“Obamacare”), don’t worry – you’re not alone!
The folks at BenefitNews.com have published a very useful article full of information covering the questions that most health insurance buyers want to know.
The 18 health insurance questions covered include:
- Who runs the exchanges?
- Who will use them?
- How many people will sign up early on?
- What happens if the federal government shuts down?
- Okay, so most of the exchanges will be up and running on time. How do you access them?
- Who won’t use them?
- Do I have to buy insurance?
- Is the technology for the exchanges in place?
- Has anything else been delayed?
- Will the coverage be affordable?
- How will insurers cover the costs for all those added sick people?
- Do Americans understand what they’re getting into?
- So does anybody like this law?
- What’s happening in the big states?
- How much help do consumers get?
- Do Democrats think the law needs to change?
- What’s happening with Medicaid?
- Is Obamacare making health-care more expensive?
If you’re a California insurance buyer, you’ll also want to understand the California-specific insurance exchanges as well.